- Download the .exe file.
- Run the file. A wizard will then guide you through the rest of the installation.
- Download the AppImage file.
- Right-click on the file and select Properties on the context menu.
- Navigate to Permissions tab and enable checkbox that says “Allow executing file as program”.
- Close the dialog.
- Double-click on the AppImage file to run the application.
For more information see this forum thread.
MacOS / OSX¶
- Download the .dmg file.
- Open downloaded dmg file.
- Drag the Synfig Studio icon file into your Applications directory. Wait for the copy process to be completed.
- Run Synfig Studio from your Applications directory.
If you get an error message like “can’t be opened because it comes from a non identified developer”, then do the following:
- Locate the Synfig Studio app in Finder (don’t use Launchpad to do this - Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu)
- Control-click the app icon, choose “Open” from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.
You can also grant an exception for a blocked app by clicking the “Open Anyway” button in the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the app. To open this pane, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.
For more details please refer to this page.