Synfig 1.5.1 Release Notes¶
This version features major improvements for Text Layer, fixes for Skeleton Tool, better onion-skin,as well as other important fixes and usability improvements. Please check the full list below.
Rewritten Text Layer¶
- Text Layer fully rewritten and optimized, which results in much faster rendering (#2362).
- Text Layer now have proper support for RTL languages (i.e. Arabic) (#2232). Please notice that if you use a string which mixes RTL and LTR text, then you might need to set a “Direction” parameter in Text Layer to indicate the proper order.
- Text Layers now visible when workarea displays its content in Draft mode (#631).
- Fixed issue with “jumping” letters in animated text (#389).
- Fixed issue with quality regression under Text Layer (#831).
- Fixed glitched rendering output when Text Layer is combined with Perspective Layer (#1566).
- Allow to select font from drop-down menu in Tool Options (#2355).
- New option for Onion Skin allows to choose between Keyframes and Frames (#2166).
- The “Keep aspect ratio for width and height” option is now enabled by default in Render Settings (#2351).
- When the user imports the file the imported layer becomes selected (#2308).
- Now it is possible to create a new vertex on a Spline with double-click (#2312).
Fixes for Skeleton Tool¶
- TimeTrack Panel: Fix missing context menu for waypoints at Canvas Parameter (#2357).
- TimeTrack Panel: Update time track area when keyframe is moved (#2289).
- Sound Panel: Fix loading of some audio files (#2301).
- Fixed incorrect framerate when importing image sequence (#2219).
- Fixed Link To Spline action (#2344).
- Fix workarea context menu action not affecting all layers (#2352).
- Fix crash when list of vertices is converted into Switch (#2354).
- Fix dialog responses for user pressing Esc key (#2309) (#2329).
- Don’t let inner layer be duplicated twice when copying (#2317).
- Fix image size when importing onto canvas with non-standard size (#2252).
- Fix magick++ target missing in AppImage (issue #2320).
- Circle Tool: Removed deprecated falloff option (#2366).
- Rectangle Layer: Bevel parameter now defined by relative value, not distance (#2350).
- Skeleton Deformation Layer: Better tooltip/description for “Bones” Parameter (#2332).
- Advanced Outline Layer: Improve hints for Dash Item Parameters (#2314).
- Added support for building with MLT++-7 (Autotools) (#2306).